How to Care For Your Neoprene Triangl or Brakini Swimwear. Triangl Care Instructions.


I'll be brutally honest with you right now, neoprene bikinis are my least favourite bikini style. They're unflattering and frankly i find them uncomfortable as hell. But since this is my most viewed pot i thought i might rewrite it and add in the most asked questions.

So far there isn't really much information about how to care for your neoprene bikinis but there is lots of information about how to care for your wetsuits. Wetsuits are definitely more durable than a Triangl or Brakini. Most girls don't know how to properly care for their swimwear in general. It's common for them to overlook the care and washing instructions that are on the inside of the tags. This happens all the time causing your $100 bikini to wear down quicker than it should have.



 By following these instructions i've had bikinis since I was 13 still last to the present time, this is a guide for neoprene but you can follow it for any type of swimwear. If you take care of your swimwear it will last for a very long time. So here are some steps i've written up to help you care for your bikini this summer.



  • Don't buy a neoprene bikini. - Don't do it, i have 12 of them and never ever wear them because they're uncomfortable.
  • Avoid rough surfaces - I've got the leather look Brakini bottoms and have the silver ones on order, these two designs if they come into contact with a rock or a rough surface will ruin their designs completely. 
  • Do not fold your bikinis - if you fold them you leave a permanent crease in the martial. 
  • If you do crease it i've read that you can use an iron on the neoprene if it's one of the normal designs and not shiny. Place a towel over the top of it and a cooler setting on the iron and you should be fine. 
  • Hand wash you bikini after every wear in plain cool water- the washing machine cannot be trusted with your beautiful bikinis and by washing it after everywhere you are rinsing out any chemicals or salt that are left in the neoprene
  • Dry them on a flat surface out of direct sunlight
  • Avoid leaving them in the sun for too long - as this risks stiffening, drying and cracking.
  • If you do manage to end up with a tear or a hole - you can purchase a neoprene repair kit made for wetsuits if you want to fix it. 
  • Storage - store your neoprene flat. If you want to see how I store my bikinis I wrote a post here
  • Don't wear it to the beach or to any other sandy locations if you plan on sitting down - unless you want to look like you shit yourself.
  • If you get sand inside the material you should soak it in warmer water before stretching the material apart with your hands under the tap. This should pull the tiny spaces between the threads open enough to rinse out the sand. 
  • Once the colour runs after you wash it, it's pretty much stained. I don't know anyway to get the stains out.

Enjoy your bikinis girls! if you have any other questions please comment below or you can email me at bikinisanonymous@gmail.com



24 comments:

  1. do you prefer triangl or brakini?

    ReplyDelete
  2. price wise i realy prefer brakini but triangl really does have more styles to offer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I recently bought three Triangl Bikinis (Lily - Strawberry Kiss, Milly - Arizona Sunset and New York Noir) and I was wondering, do you think it's good for me to iron them with my normal iron but putting on some fabric so it won't touch it directly?
    Thank you<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me! Just make sure the iron is on a cooler setting then usual

      Delete
  4. Have you ever washed your bikini with any chemicals to get out some dirty spots or such?
    If so, which ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stick by the motto of "if you won't put it on your skin on a daily basis don't put it on your bikinis"
      I use hand soap and on stubborn marks I use laundry powder.

      Delete
  5. So I handwashed my triangl bikini with cool water but now it has something like dents on it if you know what I mean. I don't know what should I do because I love that Bikini. Do you have any Tipps for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try soaking it in cold water for an hour or so and laying it flat on a towel to dry. how exactly did you hand wash it?

      Delete
  6. I'm using my Neoprene swimwear that I bought at goods.ph for over three months and It's good as new. My secret is I'm not making "Kusot".

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the crochet triangl Bikini and the white crochet is turning a brown color. What do you recommend I do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine changed colors after just one wear the yellow transferred to my towel. Is that normal?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue and neon yellow of my triangl bikini somehow bled into the white panel. Any tips on getting this out, or am I out of luck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dare say you're out of luck. Sorry :(

      Delete
  11. The blue and neon yellow of my Triangl bikini bled into the white panel. Any way to get this out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope unfortunately the dye won't come out.

      Delete
  12. I took my triangl to the beach an after that it looked like sand entered the triangl neoprene and now I don't know how to remove it, the sand is dark so you can see it, I already hand-washed it and it already dried, and the sand is still there, any ideas for me on how to remove it??

    ReplyDelete
  13. I took my triangl to the beach and afterwards it looked like some sand had entered the neoprene, I don't know how to remove it, the sand is dark so you can see it, I already hand-washed it and it already dried, and the sand is still there, any ideas on how to remove the sand from the inside of the bikini??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I can think of is to pull it with your hands on either side to open up the tiny spaces between the threads on the material. From here with the tap turned I you should be able to move the sand particles. You should soak it in warm water for a little while first before trying this.
      This is one of the many reasons I think triangl is the shittest brand

      Delete
    2. Thanks I'll try that, hope it works

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Kind words only, this is a positive blog. Negative comments get automatically removed before the owner reads them so don't waste your time :)