How to Store Your Bikinis

A few months ago when I started running out of space in the bottom draw of my wardrobe I decided that I would try to research how other people store their bikinis. Not only did I not find anything after hours of searching on Google but I was nearly out of ideas on how I could fit more into my draw. A few brands like Triangl and Blue Glue Bikinis already came up with a nifty way to store their biknis individually. Triangl like to store theirs in neoprene bags or matchbox like boxes and Blue Glue come in a beautiful little zip up bag. When I did my last my last review i forgot to mention the neoprene beach bag that comes with the Triangl bikinis are really handy because you can actually use them while you are at the beach.

Sunny Boy by Triangl
Indiana Ice b y Triangl

Deep V Blue Glue Bikinis 

Then there's others that won't fit in a bag or a box because of the padding, so I stand them up together like soldiers in line and they fit together holding their shape really well. I do this for all my tops that have padding in them, because there isn't anything worse than pulling your bikini out of the draw in summer and the padding being squished out of shape.


For the others that have no padding in them just a string bag from a cheap shop keeps them packed well. I think I bought these bags in a pack of 3 for $2 or something ridiculously cheap like that. 
I can fit most of them in the bags in my draw like that, it fills it about 3/5ths of the way before the push up bikinis take up the rest of the space. 

Lastly, you might order a bikini and it comes in a sealed plastic bag like this one, I cannnot stress enough on how bad this is for your bikinis during the more humid months of the year. The heat creates precipitation which then creates mould if left alone long enough. While it's fine to transport your bikinis in plastic like this one, it's not safe for long term usage.    
Cape Town by Soul Sistas Swimwear


I get asked a lot how many bikinis do I own, the quick answer to that is 31. The next question that follows that shortly after is how can I afford it, the answer to that one comes in two parts.
part 1, I got given a lot of my collection in my early teens and because I believe in hand washing and careful storage my bikinis have lasted me a lot longer than anyone thought possible. I still own my first Seafolly bikini that I was given for my 13th birthday. It's a little faded now but I can still wear it and it doesn't look 7 years old.

part 2, I did some promo work for a few companies which meant that I was given bikinis for free or was given them at a discounted price.  My Triangl ones I was sent as a gift which was super exciting.

and lastly I get asked for photos of my bikini collection at its current state.... this is my collection on a messy day. It needs to be repacked, but you can clearly see that i've tried to keep the padded bikini tops on the right, followed by their bottoms folded up in the middle then the non padded bikinis in bags on the left.



if you guys want me to review anything, hit me up at skinnygirlblogging@gmail.com :) there's also a contact form to the right on my blog too. 



8 comments:

  1. I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic.
    I needs tto spend some time learning more oor understanding more.
    Thanks for great information I was looking ffor this information for my mission

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi thanks for commenting.
      let me start with clarifying that this is purely my information and opinions. I'm not getting it from anywhere else, there were no other sites out there about safely storing swimwear for the winter.

      I am glad you found it helpful.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for every other great article. Where else may just anybody get that type
    of information in such an ideal method of writing?
    I have a presentation next week, and I am on the
    look for such info.

    Here is my page: DelmaGMarcoguisepp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I want to subscribe for this weblog to take most up-to-date updates, therefore where can i do it please assist.



    My web site CindieGNunoz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I every time spent my half an hour to read this webpage's articles or reviews all the time along with a mug of
    coffee.

    Check out my web page; BerryEMustafaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could certainly see your skills in the
    work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you
    who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. All the time go
    after your heart.

    Here is my web page - BulahIEvinger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its not my first time to pay a visit this site, i am browsing
    this site dailly and obtain pleasant data from here every day.


    Here is my web blog ... MyronNBachor

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's up it's me, I am also visiting this web site daily, this website is really pleasant and
    the users are really sharing good thoughts.

    Feel free to visit my page; LawerenceJDoroff

    ReplyDelete

Kind words only, this is a positive blog. Negative comments get automatically removed before the owner reads them so don't waste your time :)