Get Your Dream Body For Summer


For years I've battled with my self esteem and how I think I look. I can point out 7 different things about my body that I don't like - but that's not healthy. Instead I point out 7 things I love, that's my first step towards feeling and looking great. In this article I'm going to start sharing any inspiration, links to great healthy recipes, inspiring people, products and quotes (I'm on my phone typing this so bare with me) that I'm using now to get fitter and happier than I have ever been with you guys so you can join me. You don't need to spend a lot of money get fit, hell you don't even need a gym membership (which reminds me I need to cancel mine). I get all pumped up and get a gym membership but due to a social anxiety I get of being around too many people or having people look at me I don't go and it's a waste.  So I have to think of ways to overcome this feeling and other places to exercise. 

This link I found really helped the way I think about myself. 


Your body is your temple. 
This can be taken in quite a few different ways, I'm sure originally it comes from a religious quote but I believe that your body is your temple that houses your mind and soul. 
I believe that everyone's mind and souls are physical entities that test inside of us. So by looking after our bodies and keeping them healthy we are giving our mind and soul a safe place to rest and guide us in the future. 
Emotional stress takes a very strong toll on our bodies, try to eliminate all stress from your life - I know this isn't possible for some people so you can take steps to  reduce the impact of stress. This link here can help with a few tips that I found helpful.



When you begin to treat your body with the love it deserves really great things will begin to happen. I've noticed that  I have become more aware of what I eat and drink, I even notice how differently I breathe. 
Can you identify when your body is thirsty? We all know what feeling very thirsty feels like but what about just a little bit of thirst? 
No doubt, like me, you also missed the early signs and your body sends a stronger message that you notice this time but still don't follow up. If you still don't get the message your body then makes you feel very incomfortable - some people get migraines, headaches, feel ill and or tired till we rehydrate ourselves. 



Treating the body like a temple means being aware enough to know what it needs and what it doesn’t. Think of how your demeanor shifts if you enter a library for example, your speak quieter and you have a stronger sense of awareness.  If we all can develop this same attitude when it comes to our bodies, we are taking the first steps towards  health and overcoming addictions of all kinds.  With awareness, it is nearly impossible for addiction to survive. Once you feel insync with your body your mind will follow. 
Here's my homework for my readers, for the next day i want you to carry around a note book and write down everything you consume (or you can use a food tracking app on your smartphone if you have one). At the end of the day, I want you to look at that list and ask yourself was it nourishing for your temple? Was there any unnecessary add ons (smoking, drinking) your body didn't need or something that caused a weakness?  
The next day I want you to remove one of these things your body didn't need or that found was unhelpful to your health. Then continue this on till you have removed all the things that have negative influence on your body. Become aware of them and eliminate them. After doing this you will have developed a sense of awareness of your body's needs. 
Here's some healthy guidelines that I try to follow. 
Consume organic fruits 
Consume whole grains 
Drink 1.5-2.5L of water a day (more when it's hot)
If you eat meat then source free range/organic/humanely raised wherever possible. You could even have a research on whether or not meat should be eaten and ways to replace it properly so you don't miss out on any vitamins.
Always get your 7-8 hours of sleep a night - trust me, this is the best form of healing anything. 
Don't smoke or consume alcohol - these are no good for our bodies, causing cancers, bad breath and the worst hangovers - need I say more? .
Stay on top of regular doctors check ups, you want to make sure you are doing the best you can for your body, right? 

Schedule regular ‘me time’ to de-stress and regroup. It could be as simple as retreating to the tub for a long soak or as indulgent as a weekend away at a spa. It's up to you.
Dress your best by only wearing clothes that make you feel wonderful. Before you leave home each day, check with yourself and ask if you like how you look. If it’s a no, change your clothes.


Exercise every day breaking a sweat. Even if it's just for 15 minutes, your body will be thankful. 

Now for some cute pics of the exercises that I do at home when I get a chance. 
I have all these pictures saved off tumblr/weheartit that I go back to in reference. The only workout gear that I have is a yoga mat and two 2kg Dumbbells. Mix these workouts with 30-40 min of cardio 4-5 days a week and you will be well on your way to achieving your goals. 


If you want to find the original source of these images you can click and drag them to google images search box and it will link you back to the original post. I can't do this on my phone. I also do some yoga - check out YouTube for yoga for beginners videos, they are amazing and I'm learning to meditate while I stretch after working out. 




I ordered a new product yesterday, it's going to open my possibilities up completely. It's not new to Australia, in fact it's been around for a while and I finally took the plunge and signed up for it. It offers financial security and the chance to live a healthy lifestyle, hopefully it will be here the beginning of next week and I can record all the effects that I feel on my blog for you guys to check out too. 
I'll include before and after photos while recording what workouts I actually do - you can all add me on myfitness pal (madalyn911) and you can see live updates of what I'm doing during the day. 
But while we wait, check this out here oh and this link here too. 

For some great recipes on a budget that will give you energy I usually get mine from here and here

If there is anything else you want me to write about please comment below 
If you follow all these suggestions i've written then there really shouldn't be a reason why your summer body can't stay for good! 



1 comment:

  1. I liked your blog and "body is your temple",what an awesome analogy.Feel free to connect with me on different social media platform and all are available on my website http://www.realtorpankajpatel.com/

    ReplyDelete

Kind words only, this is a positive blog. Negative comments get automatically removed before the owner reads them so don't waste your time :)