Packing for the Philippines - Things to Remember

Pedro at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort 



Every few years my partner and I stop our lives and head off to our own personal paradise. Sogod Bay Scuba Resort in the Philippines.
We lived there when we were 18 instead of going to schoolies in Queensland Australia. It was the most amazing experience of my life so we vowed to do it again.
Tonight Monty and I booked our flights to get away from winter in Canberra for a whole month! 
And you guy's know me to be such a bikini hoarder that I'm already planning what to pack and take with me.
This is your basic list of essentials if you are heading off to a tropical island like me. I'm really only going to take half of these things and buy them there. This is also a mental list reminding me of what i would like to take as well, so if there's a few things that don't make sense to you it's because they make sense to me :)




Toiletries and personal care

  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Shower gel or scrub
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Deodorant
  • Hairbrush or comb
  • Sunnnies!!! these are a must 
  • Tissues
  • Shaving kit (products and gear)- I'm just going to pack a few disposable razors for the trip.
  • Body lotion - one with Aloe Vera in it for the sun
  • Sunscreen
    - UVA/UVB for full protection
  • Lip balm - I always have about 7 of these in my bags at all times
  • After-sun aid (aloe gel)
  • Face scrub
  • Tampons and or pads - i only say this because the country you are visiting may not have the cleanest of items or you might not be comfortable using them. 
  • Makeup - i'll only take mascara with me and maybe an eyeliner and lipstick for when I go out at night
  • Makeup remover towelettes
  • Tweezers
Sogod Bay Scuba Resort 


Documents and money

  • Visa
  • Wallet
  • Passport
  • Photo ID (driver's license)
  • International driver's license
  • Currency
  • Cash or travelers cheques
  • Credit cards
  • Medical insurance card
  • Travel insurance
  • Maps and guides
  • Copies of itinerary and reservations
  • Tickets
  • Business cards
  • Copies of important documents
  • Emergency phone numbers


Luggage and security

  • Luggage
  • Luggage name tags
  • Luggage locks - this is the best idea!!!
  • Register with Smart Traveller (if you are Australian)

Gadgets

  • Cell phone
  • Laptop
  • Headphones
  • Power adapter and/or converter

Clothing

  • Panties
  • Bras
  • Socks
  • Slippers - I'll be taking my clouds (if i can find them, they take up the smallest amount of space)
  • PJs
  • Loungewear - Leggings and a cotton on body t shirt
  • Activewear - 3/4 charcoal capri pants, sports crops (charc and grey) and a few tank tops
  • Formalwear - Rare London co-ords outfit
  • Outerwear
  • Swimsuit
  • Sandals - including thongs, get good quality ones as you don't want to have to find a new pair over there like i have before.
  • Hat - I'll take a straw hat with me, just not sure which colour
  • Heels - i need to find a cute little nude pair before i go.
  • Runners/sneakers
  • Beach towel - just my blue billabong one.
  • Personal selection of clothes - you want to pack as physically light as possible to save room for more shopping and also so you don't go over your baggage allowance.
  - long sleeve bardot top, navy jeans, black shift dress, green bardot body con dress, navy body con dress, black cardigan,
 I recommend also taking a jumper and a pair of trackies if you are staying longer than a few days, when i was living in the Philippines before i found that i would get cold as soon as the sun went down. So deffs add some trackies and leggings.

Food and drink

  • Snack
  • Chewing gum or mints
  • Bottled water

Medicine

  • Small first aid kit
    - pain reliever, antacid, allergy medicine, antibiotic ointment, band-aids
  • Prescription medications - get a prescription for travelers bug before you leave
  • Birth control

To do

  • Charge all electronics
  • Make photocopies of travel docs and itineraries
  • Get cash from ATM
  • Call credit card company to notify them about your travel plans
  • Check for medical coverage at destination or purchase travel insurance
  • Check for required vaccinations
  • Pay bills
  • Check all carry-on luggage for sharp objects, place liquids in ziplock


What bikinis will i be taking?

 I'll be taking two okay make that three high neck bikinis - one from Lychee Swimwear and another two from Billabong. These two will be perfect to slide under a wetsuit. It will also protect my chest from the little stingers in the water. I'll also be taking my two newest Lychee Swimwear bikinis and the Marissa one piece. 
My Made By Dawn bikini, Khongboon Swimwear i think i'll just take the newest one. 
I'll definitely take my Sets of 7 bikini, a neoprene bikini from Brakinis, my old faithful navy Quiksilver bikini and another reversible bikini from Euae Swim. 
I'll probably chuck in my Kokoh bikinis too. To die for swimwear, EPV
I'm dying for the newest collection from Myra Swimwear too, these a cream cheeky set that i'm in love with!
 This list will probably grow and i'll change my mind when i get there on which pair i actually want to wear.


Monty McGuire 

 


 

2 comments:

Kind words only, this is a positive blog. Negative comments get automatically removed before the owner reads them so don't waste your time :)