Welcome to the Philippines


As most of my Google+ followers are aware, at the beginning of the week I jetsetted my way across the world to the Philippines.


We departed Sydney on the 2nd of June and arrived in Cebu 13 hours later. Growing up in Canberra makes you tend to forget what a real city looks like. full of congestion and fascinating traffic. There's nothing more that alerts my mind and clears it, then the traffic driving through the city. You can catch taxis all over the place but we're lucky enough to have a loyal taxi driver offer to be our driver every time Monty's family comes to the city.


Our first night out in Cebu it's traditional for Monty and I to go visit the Australian restaurant Canvas in Ayala. In a city full of chaos it's really nice to have some organisation for an hour or so. The food there is just like being home, and it's safe for tourists to eat and not get sick!


I prefer going to Ayala mall over the SM mall purely because of the food options, upstairs on the terrace in Ayala there's so many restaurants to chose from. 


The second day we went shopping around - I picked up a new pair of Haviana thongs and we argued over the correct pronunciation. We still don't know what it is. I visited the Quiksilver store and found a really nice Roxy bikini for 3800P which converts to $117 AUD. As much as I liked it, it resembled the same one from EPV with the triangles on the top and it was ridiculously overpriced for what it was made out of. The quality felt so different to ones that I've got by Quiksilver.



I got myself a Filipino sim card for just over $1 and loaded it up with unlimited internet credit for 30 days, it's amazing to see how cheap prepaid phone plans are in this country, it only cost me $30 for unlimited data and the company didn't have to take all my details for security reasons. Although I do have 3G internet on my phone, it doesn't load as fast as what it does at home. I've been writing this for about 15 minutes now and trying to send myself some photos to upload and not even one has come through yet.


Shopping is a really interesting one here, there's only a few stores that have clothing cheaper than Australia otherwise everything is the same if not more expensive. AND! They have metal detectors you need to walk through at the front doors, you also get bag searched for anything dangerous. Security is top notch all over the malls.   I've been doing a lot of online window shopping, since i'm not going to spend lots of money here,  I may as well i'll spend it online a week before i go home - that way i don't have to wait for any shipping.
I'm thinking of a few pieces from Moana and maybe Neveah bikini from America. 


My first day on the boat, I chose to wear the limited edition mermaid scales bikini from Kokoh Bikini, it was perfect for snorkeling.


The second day I ended up wearing some Khongboon Swimwear that I got from the Australian seller Let's Get Funked Up, just cheeky enough to remind me of home but covers enough that the locals won't have a heart attack.
Today, i wore my O'Neill Women's Australia Love Me Too bikini top in red and ended up matching it with my sunburn and mixing it with my leopard print reversible black bikini bottoms from Billabong. Totally wet suit appropriate.


I can't say i'm overly fond of scuba diving, but I don't think many people like it much to start with. It really is a whole other beautiful world under the water.



I cannot wait to spend the rest of my time here, I can set up my own business here - the plans for that are going well! Got a few ideas that I'm tossing around.


We're still getting the hang of where we can use the camera here and not get in trouble or give the locals a heart attack. 


I find the only thing I struggle with while I'm in the Philippines is the lack of places I can go to exercise. At home I can smash out 7-10 km around my house whenever I have time, but here I can't go anywhere alone due to safety reasons. As it is in most countries when you're a tourist. The only things I can do are mini room workouts, yoga and next time I'll bring my yoga mat! Since I'm staying at Monty's dad's resort swimming, snorkelling or diving are daily options to stay fit too. 


Well for now, I'll leave it at this ☺️ but as soon as I have more stories and photos to share.

2 comments:

  1. Your photos just keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply desire to say your article is as astounding.
    The clarity in your post is simply excellent and i can assume you're an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated
    with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.


    My page: buy instagram followers 50k

    ReplyDelete

Kind words only, this is a positive blog. Negative comments get automatically removed before the owner reads them so don't waste your time :)