- Mix and match any cut of top and bottom E.G Tie side bottom, Bandeau top.
- Match any two solid colours together. E.G Red Bottom, White top.
- Match a print with a solid colour but only if the solid colour matches a colour within the print.
- Match the same/ similar fabrics i.e
- Match suits of similar coverage i.e Full Coverage with full coverage, skimpy with skimpy.
- Don't match a solid color with a print unless it is a colour from within the print. E.G Floral aloha print with Solid Black Top!
- Don't mix prints, this can rarely be pulled off so its better to avoid it. Unless you know exactly what you're doing.
- Don't mix lingerie with swimwear, its not a good look. Like who would actually do this?
- Don't try to mix two different colours that are almost the same to make a matching bikini set. It just doesn't work and it's obviously not the same colour. I used to be guilty of this - now i'm super picky.
- Don't mix and match large full coverage styles with skimpy minimal styles, you still want to look like the set matches just a little bit, not like you just randomly pulled them out of the draw.
- Don't mix extremely different materials E.G neoprene top with crotchet bottom - this is just a big no no.