Be More With Less | How to Clean Out Your Wardrobe




Now that it's a new year, it's time to take a step back and reorganise yourself. My favourite thing to do at the beginning of each year is to go through my wardrobe and figure what i wasted my money on the previous year, and swear to not do it again. Closet purging and de cluttering can be a life long battle. I've just cleaned out my wardrobe 5 times in the past 2 months taking big black garbage bags out with me. I’d go through my clothes, move things around, take a little out and then go shopping to celebrate a new season. Notice the vicious circle pattern I’ve got going here?


When i'm standing in front of the sliding doors i often feel these three emotions and it's hard to battle against them.

  • Guilt asked, “Why did you spend so much money on things you don’t wear?”
  • Frustration asked, “Are we going to have to do this again in 6 months?”
  • Fear asked, “If you let go, will you have enough to wear?”
1. Empty it all out onto your bed.

2. Sort them into piles, be blunt and honest with yourself.
  • Love: I love these items. They fit me well and I wear them frequently.
  • Maybe: I want to keep this but I don’t know why. (let's be honest, you know you have those items)
  • Donate: These items don’t fit my body or my life.
  • Trash: These items are in poor condition.

3. Pack the first 2 piles back into your wardrobe all neatly folded and hung.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words only, this is a positive blog. Negative comments get automatically removed before the owner reads them so don't waste your time :)